I’m one week away from the finish line, and I feel incredible. Well, sort of. I spent my evening glued to the toilet and violently vomiting for four hours with what I think is the stomach flu, but hey. Flu aside, I’m crushing it.
I’m down seven and a half pounds with a full 1.7-pound muscle gain, dropping my body fat percentage by five percent. Though, after last night’s episode, it’s certainly more. I feel lighter, stronger, and more physically capable. The most notable difference, however, is a significant increase in upper body strength.
For the first time since I started CrossFit two years ago, I completed a workout featuring 70 strict push-ups without dropping to my knees. Yay! I’ll credit that accomplish to the four months I’ve spent learning to pole dance (more on that later).
Anyway, weeks five through eight went undocumented because I’m just so busy. Between CrossFit, pole, wedding planning, and work, I’m protecting my sanity by shedding unnecessary obligations. Blog posts were one. But through all of it, progress never stopped.
Despite a busy schedule and some leniency with food (see: wine and donuts), keeping a handle on my fitness and nutrition keeps me grounded. And jacked.
Body Composition and Nutrition
Starting weight: 144.1 lb.
Starting skeletal muscle mass: 57.8 lb.
Starting percent body fat: 27.5%
Current weight: 136.6 lb. (-7.5 lb.)
Current skeletal muscle mass: 59.5 lb. (+1.7 lb.)
Current percent body fat: 22% (-5.5%)
Daily caloric intake: 1,661
In My Mouth
Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Power Salad is making a second appearance this week because it’s just so damn good. Bonus, chickpeas are on sale this week. As spring approaches, the produce section is beginning to overflow with some of my favorite fresh fruits and vegetables, like asparagus, strawberries, blueberries, and avocados. So I’m crafting weekly menus that feature these beauties in all of their raw glory. Gone are the days of winter squash.
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins, Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast with Asparagus, Corn, and Candied Serrano Peppers, homemade
- Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Power Salad, Little Spice Jar
- Extra-Juicy Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries, Bon Appétit
- Scrambled eggs with smoked swiss
- Peanut Butter Banana with Dark Chocolate bar, Clif
- Vanilla protein shakes, Complete Nutrition
In My Ears
I’ll have Black Panther The Album on repeat for the next four weeks.
- The Ways, Khalid, Swae Lee
- King’s Dead, Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future, James Blake
- Redemption, Zacari, Babes Wodumo